Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pony Express Days Carnival

We love the carnival! We go every year, and the kids love it! This year was no exception. It was so fun to see Stockton and Rusty go on the rides and get excited about them; I also loved watching Annabelle and Stockton go on rides together--so cute! She is such a great big sister to Stocky.

Annabelle is like her mommy though--she gets motion sickness easily! Oftentimes she gets nauseated in the car, and this year she got sick on the "Strawberry" ride :(  However, rather than take a little break after the ride to calm down, she quickly hopped on the "Jolly Roger," which went in circle after circle after circle, forwards then backwards. My heart went out to her when I could see she was beginning to feel sick, and the ride stopped only to reverse and begin again in the other direction! She threw up as soon as she stepped off :(  We wiped her down, got her a drink and a few snacks (thanks Grandma), and listened to her say "I knew I shouldn't have gone on the Strawberry ride--I knew I shouldn't have done that!" Over and over and over again she lamented and regretted her poor choice :) She still talks to her friends (and random strangers at the store) about how she "throwed up on the Jolly Roger." :) To her credit, she bounced back quickly and enjoyed the remainder of her night!

Little Stocky is fearless :) Love that little guy and all his craziness!!

Thanks for coming out everyone!

She is so focused and Stockton is so chill!
Stockton is so excited :)

Finally gets brave enough to take the wheel

Love her
So cute :) They look so little!
Brad and Paige trying to freak everyone out by leaning too far over the edge!
I let him go on this all alone. I was a little scared as I watched, but he was ok and enjoyed the ride :)
You can't go to a carnival and not get your face painted!
Cute Melody!

No comments: