Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Third Trimester!

I'm so excited to hit another pregnancy milestone: The 3rd and FINAL trimester! I can't think of a more perfect little celebration than being asked to eat a king-sized Snickers bar for breakfast this morning--Dr's orders! Yes I could've chosen to drink the Ocean Spray Cran-grape juice instead, but does anyone really choose the juice? I had plans to drink the juice, good intentions to drink the juice, but when it came right down to it, the Chevron was more convenient than Walmart. And since I had put off the purchase of this needed snack until I was already on my way to the appointment, stopping for the juice would've made for a longer delay, as well as a warm drink--Yuck! So I chowed down on the Snickers bar and enjoyed it quite immensely until about 3/4 of the way through, when I realized that a king-sized candy bar is quite big, quite rich, and a tad hard to finish (much to my surprise). The sugar headache that came about 30 minutes later was a bit of a shocker too, but still a fairly small price to pay for a yummy chocolate indulgence.

With that said, I passed the glucose test and all is well--thank goodness! I was stressed about this test ALL MONTH because of the HUGE growth spurt I had last month. I was certain that gestational diabetes was to blame. Phew! What a relief!

I wasn't as lucky with the Iron test, which I did not pass. Thankfully it's not a big deal AT ALL! On the contrary, it's actually great news because I will now be on supplements, and expect to feel a whole lot better :) More energy comin' my way!

In other pregnancy developments, the little baby is doing great and kicking away. The other night when I was holding Annabelle in the rocker, he kept kicking, as if he wanted her off my stomach. I thought to myself, "And the battle for the lap begins!" Ha ha.

Also I have been officially banned from exercise for the remainder of this pregnancy due to my sciatic nerve problem. It has intensified the past few weeks, and I am carrying this baby extremely low, hence the problem in the first place. My first reaction was stress and disappointment (I love to exercise and strongly dislike gaining added pounds), but I figure there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, so I should search for the silver lining. Coincidentally the silver lining happens to be the order itself! How many times in our lives have we wished for an excuse not to work out? Now I have my excuse, and I'm going to happily utilize the extra hour every day doing something else I love--reading. I am sure that taking a 3-month sabbatical from working out will provide me with more than enough motivation and excitement for hitting the treadmill post-partum. I am eagerly looking ahead to that day, but more for the baby than the treadmill actually :) 13 weeks to go!

Oh, and if you see me around and think "What is she wearing?!" It's probably just the Prenatal Cradle I'll be sporting under my clothes to give my belly a boost and my back a break. Pregnancy is SO HOT! :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

LOL... I wore one of those!! I thought it was so comfortable. Like wearing a sports bra when running.
Yay for little baby to be growing great and for your test to be good as well. You watch in no time short you'll be pushing your two precious kids around the golf course, enjoying the warm sun and sweating it up a bit. This last trimester will be just like that candy bar, a little extra indulgence.
I can hardly wait to see him!!!!

Kristy said...

hahaha my doctor recommended I get one of those. With Mayzie my sciatic nerve was AWFUL. I feel for you. I would wince in pain every time I tried to get up or down. It got so bad I had a hard time walking from room to room. I went and got a prenatal massage and it helped a lot! I was surprised. It didn't take it away completely, but enough that I could handle it. Try it out!