Thursday, March 4, 2010

23 Weeks!

23 weeks down, 17 to go! Yesterday was my 23-week appointment and I had a HUGE growth spurt! Four weeks ago I was measuring at 19--yesterday I measured at 27! I must say I feel about 8 months pregnant right now, and I'm hoping the growth is just a "spurt" and not a new trend for this pregnancy. I am now measuring 4 weeks ahead!

On a positive note, everything looks great and I've been feeling those little movements a lot more this past week. It's so reassuring to be able to feel movement. No more wondering if he's ok in there, if he's breathing; no more waiting 4 weeks to hear his heartbeat just so I know he's doing well. Such a relief! I've also been able to exercise and get to the gym regularly this past month, and that has been such a blessing. Those endorphins and that little slice of extra energy sure go a long way when you're pregnant!

Dancing/teaching is a little more challenging, but I'm hanging in there pretty well with my company girls :) So far I've only had to cut out the technique exercises on my back and rolling on my stomach (which is a bit sad because I love choreographing all types of rolls and movement on the floor--hallmarks of a modern dancer I guess). My Intermediate Modern class actually NAMED the floor because I make them use it so much; the floor is "Bob." We sit, roll, and do all kinds of dancing on "Bob." Ha ha

Overall I'm feeling good. This pregnancy is somewhat hard on my emotions, but I'm learning to recognize it and deal with it. I sooooo want to love pregnancy, but the truth is that I never quite feel like myself and I have a difficult time emotionally when I gain weight, even though it's for a beautiful, wonderful, and miraculous cause, and even though I stay active. The trick is getting outside yourself as much as possible and doing those things which make you feel good on the inside (because the outside has to take a back seat for a little while). I am definitely excited for the next 17 weeks to dwindle down because I love labor and delivery, and I LOVE babies.

6 comments:

Lori Thomas said...

Yay for baby boys! How tall is Josh? You'll have a big baby for sure!

PLUS You always look amazing- pregnant or not!

Sarah said...

I think you look fabulous! I guess it's a good thing I'll never be pregnant because my monthly emotions are enough for me and my family to endure! :)

jenny said...

You look really good. Lance and I are so happy for you guys.

Nikki said...

You look so beautiful in that picture. I promise you that you have nothing to worry about the outside taking a backseat and I'm not saying that just cause I'm family.
I'm so excited to see him. 17 weeks seems like so far away. But the next thing you know it'll be warm and ta-da, he'll be here!!

JR and Amanda said...

Robyn-
I am so glad that you are feeling good! You are so cute! Can't wait to meet this little guy!

Amanda

ali-dot-e said...

You are gorgeous! I can't wait to meet your little guy! Annabelle will be such a good big sister! Hang in there friend!