Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Annabelle's 1st Crush!

Annabelle has been bitten by the love bug, or the 2-year old equivalent to the love bug :) The lucky little guy is Dominic and he's in her tumbling class at The Little Gym. Last week she started following him around, grabbing his hand and putting it in hers, and leading him around the room. This went on for about 10 mnutes and was pure entertainment for me, his parents and Mrs. Kim. I thought it was darling, and I also thought she'd forget about little Dominic by the time we went to class this week.

I was wrong.

As soon as we entered class today, she ran up to Mrs. Kim and said "Where's Dominic?" She found him and began her attempts to get his attention and play with him. He's quite the challenge to her--nice enough to let her hang around, but undoubtedly there to play and do tricks. Well about halfway through class, after Annabelle had unsuccessfully tried to get his attention, he came right up to her and gave her a hug! She smiled and went on her way. Then on the way home we had this little exchange:

Annabelle: "Mama I like Dominic."
Me: "I know baby. He's a fun friend."
Annabelle: "He was really nice to me today."
Me: "Yes he was."
Annabelle: "Mama he has good skills."

I laughed so hard! It was so cute and so fun at the same time. Our first mommy/daughter boy talk :)

3 comments:

Dustin, Kristin, Allie, Aubrie and Avie said...

That is so cute. What Little Gym do you go to? we just started going to the one in Orem and Allie loves it.

Nikki said...

How adorable!!

Kristy said...

The whole skills part really made me laugh. She is so darling. Love that girl :)