Sunday, October 12, 2008

This week...and Daisy Kay!!



Brittany had her baby yesterday--Daisy Kay Simpson! She is absolutely adorable. I love her so much already. I am amazed how mellow she is. Paige was also very mellow. Annabelle was NOT mellow; in fact, within seconds of being born she looked like a tomato head and was screaming like an ol' steam engine. That was followed up with a four-month bout with colic. I know fussy babies like the back of my hand, I promise! My grandma remarked today: "She's so lively!" Yes! That's a perfect description! Of course I wouldn't have it any other way, and I love her to pieces! However I was certain Brittany would get a dose of "fussy" in this baby, and would therefore gain a little understanding of my experiences and emotions. But alas! Little Daisy is sleeping throughout the entire day! She fusses a little when getting a diaper change, but by fussing I mean three little squeals and she's out cold again :)
As Daisy's arrival was nearing, I started thinking about babies, and wanted to write a poem about some of my feelings regarding motherhood. I'll post it here...please don't copy or borrow without permission of course :)


In You
As we’re rocking I look into your eyes.
You smile. I smile.
I see in them your perfect trust, your faith in my care.
In them I see the woman I want to be.

As we’re talking I hear your voice.
You speak. I speak.
I hear through your voice curiosity, confidence, knowledge and humor.
In it I hear the purity I’d like to regain.

As we’re laughing I sense your joy.
You laugh. I laugh.
I sense through your joy happiness, well-being and fullness of the heart.
In it I sense that you are my joy, my source for becoming the pure woman I want to be.

In you I know perfection, fulfillment, transcendence.
In you I glimpse eternity.
--Robyn Elyse Bos--


This week was wonderful! I am feeling so happy and fulfilled. My dance classes are coming along, and this week I was able to finish teaching all five of my classes their choreography for the Christmas show--The Little Match Girl. Now I have the remainder of the time to focus on the details of each piece, making sure they are able to remember the dance and perform it with emotion, confidence and perfection (Yes I have the highest of high expectations) :) My Thursday class (3 and 4 yr. olds) is amazing! I was brought to tears last week while I was dancing with them. I can't explain it in words, but heaven on earth, joy, perfect innocence and love all come to mind. I am truly beginning to love them. I will post pictures soon!

Another moment that touched my heart this week occurred while I was reading one afternoon. I have been reading a book titled "The Best of Women's Conference," and I try to read one talk each day. I was reading "The Savior: An Example to Everyone" by Karen Lynn Davidson. She explained four things a woman will do if she accepts the Savior as her example. I will post them here because I feel all women can gain knowledge and instruction from her words:

1--She will, when she sees in the world a need for service or expertise, train for that service and then make the finest possible contribution as a professional or volunteer within the context of her other responsibilities.
2--She will accept His teachings concerning individual worth and dignity. She will see herself as a unique person, not subject to someone else's idea of the role she should play. She will find what is right for her and allow other women the same flexibility.
3--She will not accept the world's false limitations, the handcuffs that printed materials or broadcast materials would place upon her.
4--She will seek principally for His approbation and validation. She will not let her happiness or feeling of self worth depend on other human beings whose vision may be helpful on the one hand, but whose vision possibly may be limited, on the other hand, by...pervasive false influences.

She states, "To know that we are daughters of our Father in heaven should give us a tremendous sense of joy but also a tremendous sense of responsibility. I hope we can say to ourselves, "I am a daughter of my Father in heaven. As his daughter, I know that I am important because I am me. I know I am capable of great growth, capable of significant service. I will not cancel myself in any way by yielding to false influences that tell me that I am...a being of lesser worth or lesser ability. I know that the Savior's examples and teachings we to all people. I will please my Father in heaven by taking his daughters seriously."

I took this to heart. I think so many of us can do more to help build the kingdom of God on earth. It doesn't have to be limited to completing our VT, cooking dinner for a neighbor, etc. We all have talents and gifts from God that need to be put to use! I believe if we pray to Heavenly Father and ask for his guidance and direction, He will lead us to people and places that need what we, as individuals, can offer.

In closing...I'd like to say a big Hello and Thanks to Victor Vonde--one of the many men fighting alongside Josh in Afghanistan. Lots of Love from Robyn and Annabelle! I've yet to see anyone else pose with a gun so well! :)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Cute little girl!

Also, when you talk about your dancing it always makes me smile. I danced from the time I was 3 until I was 14. I loved it. I wish I had continued. Anyway, when I was tiny the teachers were teaching us a dance with teddy bears and the dang fur kept getting stuck in my mouth and I had to stop and get it out. I clearly remember, but it helps see it on video at our end of year performance! I'm sure you have great experiences when teaching little ones. I love seeing their proud faces.

lishajeanne said...

She is super cute! Tell Brittany I said so. Congrats on being an aunt again!

Anonymous said...

Shis sooo cute! Tell Brittany congrats from me:)