Thursday, December 8, 2011

Welcome to Disneyland!

We made it! Our first evening at Disneyland was AMAZING! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night. We arrived at our hotel, checked in, and walked right over to the park--how could we wait any longer to get there right?! It was close to 4:00 when we arrived, and it was PERFECT! The weather was nice, the lines were all fewer than 10 minutes long, and Annabelle was unlike she'd ever been, in a GOOD way  :) She was excited, animated, brave, loving, and pumped full of Disney magic. She and Stockton were able to get on Peter Pan, the Merry-go-round (a few times), Alice in Wonderland, Dumbo (pictured above), and the Tea Cups (a couple of times) before Mickey's Soundsational Parade began. I was excited to see the parade, but honestly nothing could've prepared me for how magical it was...yes, even for me  :) The music was great; we sat right where the floats come out at the beginning of the parade; Ariel was the 1st princess Annabelle saw; and each princess either waved or blew a kiss right at Annabelle! I totally started crying when I watched Annabelle--it was so magical! In my defense, I don't think any parent can just stand idly by while their child's dreams come true right before their eyes  :)  It was a PERFECT & MAGICAL evening. My mom and I agreed on the way out of the park that even if the remaining 4 days were horrible, that first night would've still made the entire trip worth every penny! Luckily we didn't have to test our theory because there was much more fun and laughter to be had!

No comments: