Monday, October 5, 2009

Wee Witches Weekend

This past weekend I went to "Wee Witches Weekend" at Gardner Village with my mom, Brittany, Paige and Daisy. It was super crowded, but a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Annabelle was SO excited as we were getting out of the car--especially when she found out there were pony rides! She was running around, laughing out loud as she walked along the "bumpy road" and talked non-stop about "the village." She was even excited to see the witches...until she saw one! It was not love-at-first-sight, but if there were ever a time to overlook her fright, and give it credibility, I thought this was that time. After all, Halloween is meant to be scary, and witches are no excpetion to the rule, no matter how cute you stuff, paint, and adorn them. At best they become odd and funny, but not cute and magical like...Hmmmm...Tinkerbell? Aurora? Luckily she relaxed a bit when she saw a coloring station (a favorite activity of hers), and a fun stage with "lotsa kids!" She still shrieked at the sight of any and all witches, but she LOVED going on 2 pony rides as she chanted "Giddyup Charlie," and "Nice Horsey!" From there, she and Paige enjoyed the petting zoo; these 2 little cousins seem to be farm girls at heart! Annabelle wouldn't actually pet the animals; she preferred playing a game of "I get you" with them, giving them a little poke-like tickle and then laughing nervously afterward. At one point, she caught me by surprise and gave the dirtiest pig in the farm a big kiss--didn't see it coming, and couldn't stop her in time! I guess those dirty pigs need love too. It's actually hysterical to me that Annabelle has the courage to walk right up to a big, messy, living animal, and plant one on him, and at the same time cries in terror at the sight of a fake, dolled-up witch. Go figure :) The day was topped off nicely with a trip to the candy shop, where Grandma bought Annabelle and Paige HUGE lollipops! Oh...and some fudge for me, her and Brittany :)
"I Get You!"

"Hi!"

Kisses!

Pony rides are the BEST thing EVER!

"Get me outta here!"

"I know mom wants me to look, but I'm not going to"

Dancing on the stage with "lotsa kids!" This was a new friend of hers

So Intense!
Thanks mom and Brittany for a fun day!








2 comments:

Nikki said...

Look how cute her hair is! I love it. I absolutely love Gardner's Village and the halloween decor. What a fun special trip out.

ali-dot-e said...

So fun! I just love Annabelle! She was at the park today with grandma just talking away. I think I could talk with her all day!