Thursday, October 8, 2009

Annabelle's 1st Prayer

Annabelle said her 1st prayer all by HERSELF tonight! Typically we pray together, with me starting out, and her interjecting her thoughts throughout. Her thoughts are usually along the lines of, "I grateful for fair; I grateful for the village; I grateful pony rides; I grateful 'copters;' I grateful Brittany, Gigi, Daisy, Grandma, Papa, Mimi, Liv, Nikki, Brady, Angie..."

Tonight after I put her down to bed, and sang the "Ariel Song" 5 times, she called me back in: "Mommy!" I peaked in, and she said, "prayer...self," then she folded her arms, bowed her head, bent halfway over, and recited the following:

"Father: I bless Grandma. The End."

I thought it was darling. It made me laugh, and it was truly spoken from the heart :)

PS: The photo is not Annabelle, but I think it's adorable and she has Annabelle's same hair :) I am inspired to try and get photo like this with the words of her 1st prayer printed on the picture!

3 comments:

Erin said...

That is so cute!!! She is so precious!

Nikki said...

How cute! Moments like that really make being a parent seem like heaven.

Jen said...

She is so smart! What an adorable prayer! You'll be so glad you've written all of these cute things that she says down.
I can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!