Saturday, February 26, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas Eve this year was a whirlwind! Stockton woke up so sick! I thought I better take him to the Dr. to make sure everything was ok. Let me begin by saying that having only ONE Insta Care open in 3 cities is NOT a good idea! The waiting room was packed and we had no choice but to sit there and wait. I'd made the mistake of bringing Annabelle with us, and by the end she was absolutely stir craaazzzzyyy. I don't blame her; I was too, just hiding it more than her. Usually she LOVES a trip to the doctor. She loves talking to them, asking all about what they're doing, getting her sticker or sucker, or even cookies if she really turns on the charm :) But this time was NO fun. She was anxious to get to Mimi and Papa's for Christmas Eve fun with Liv; she was thirsty and hungry; she was tired of waiting around; tired of being told what to do and what not to do. Then when the doctor made her wait outside by herself while I went in the Xray room with Stocky, she came close to losing it. And...when the doctor gave Stocky multiple shots and sent the poor little guy into hysterics she really lost it. She hated seeing Stockton so upset and tried everything she could to get him to calm down. I gotta be honest, I was pretty darn close to hysterics myself. No one likes having a sick baby on Christmas, and both Annabelle and I felt so bad for Stockton--he was MISERABLE and worn out to say the least. By the time we were able to leave the office we had been there over three hours! Stocky had pneumonia, had to get 2 shots, and wouldn't be able to come to Mimi and Papa's for his 1st Christmas :(

Rather than make Annabelle wait any longer, I called Josh to come get her and take her to Mimi and Papa's so she could start having some FUN! I decided to take Stocky home and let him get some rest.

My mom and dad were SO AMAZING to watch Stockton for a few hours later that night so I could go have dinner with Josh and Annabelle, and watch Annabelle open her presents. What a blessing! Even though it was short this year, we had so much fun with the Bos family. Annabelle and Liv just love each other and have so much fun; they truly light up the room. We got to see little Brody again, and as always, we were so thankful for the thoughtfulness and kindness of Josh's parents, and we loved the gifts they chose for us. Most importantly, we loved just hanging out and laughing with everyone. I wish it could've lasted longer, but there's always next year! :) Here's to Healthy kids and parents in 2011!!


How cute are they?
Great Friends

A Sweet Angel

Yippee! Prince Charming!

The kids LOVE their Uncle Aaron. Well...we all LOVE Uncle Aaron!


Twinkle Toes! CUTEST SHOES EVER!!!
What a wonderful Christmas Eve. The only things that matter are spending time with the people we love, celebrating what matters most. I can definitely say that sicknesses and all, we had everything that mattered most, and it was PERFECT! Tiring...but perfect :)

No comments: