Sunday, February 27, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

What a WONDERFUL Christmas! We arrived back to my mom and dad's house around 9pm on Christmas Eve. Stocky was still struggling, but we were able to get him calmed and down to sleep. The next morning came early, but Stocky felt so much better and even pulled out some smiles for us! He was obviously still pretty sick and wanted to be held A LOT, but he was a trooper! Unfortuantely I didn't get too many pictures on Christmas :( Josh was busy helping Annabelle open her presents, then open the boxes, get batteries installed, tags ripped off, dress-ups fastened, etc. And I was busy toting around Baby Stock, bouncing him, opening his presents, etc. Neither Josh nor I had much time to grab the camera for some shots. That's ok though, we still managed to snap a few, and we'll hopefully have more freedom next year when Stocky allows me to put him down for a few minutes at a time :)

Annabelle took a little while to "wake up" and realize that Christmas morning is actually quite fun :) But once she eased into what was happening, she was a doll. Santa aimed for a dress-up theme this year,which stemmed from her constant desire to be someone else. Ha ha. If you know Annabelle, you know that on any given day she can be up to 5 different princesses/barbies/fairies/movie characters, etc. She LOVES to use her imagination, to pretend she's someone else, and to live in imagination land. It's actually quite rare for me to be able to call her Annabelle. So what better way to encourage that love than dress-ups?! Well she loved it and had some cute looks throughout the day. Now she has enough dresses to outfit her posse of 3 dolls ("daughters"), as well as Anna, Cloud, and Summa (imaginary cousins). :) Gotta love her!

The remainder of our day was fun and relaxing. Stocky loved his new bouncy chair and Annabelle loved playing with her cousins. She and Paige both got guitars and had their very 1st Jam Session together--it was quite cute! Daisy danced along to the beat and cheered them on :) It's always so nice to spend such quality time with family, especially when we all sleep over! I love it. My mom always makes the beds so nice and soft for us; there's always plenty of warm, yummy food in the kitchen, and more than enough attention for all the kids. This year we had a soup buffet and every family cooked a different crock-pot soup. Oh my goodness! It was delicious and everyone did an amazing job--I could've eaten soup for days...and orange rolls, but we always run out 2 seconds after they come out of the oven :)

I am so grateful for this Christmas. I am grateful for modern medicine and doctors who take time out of their holidays to care for sick kids. I am grateful for family, for Josh, for Annabelle, for Stocky. I am grateful for amazing parents who show such an abundance of love to their children and grandchildren. I am grateful for the entire Christmas season and the good it brings out in people. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and the most wonderful gift of his life and sacrifice. I am grateful to be on this earth right now, experiencing moments and days like this with the people I love. Merry Christmas!


How sweet is he?

Merry Christmas Stocky! Hope you like the chair Santa chose for you!


Hey Rapunzel! That wig sure is fancy!

and the dress is so glamorous...

Jam Session!



No comments: