Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm Getting Hot!

IT'S OFFICIAL! I've entered the hot-phase of my pregnancy! No this is not the point at which I am suddenly happy with my physical appearance, and the glow of pregnancy radiates out of every flawless pore. Nope. How nice would it be to be Heidi Klum right?

For me, the hot-phase means an internal body temperature that is significantly higher than normal...and rising (I remember feeling cold and chilly mere minutes after delivering Annabelle--it was wonderful)! And so it goes again, it seems. Body temperature goes up, thermostat goes down, windows are opened, blankets disappear in the darkness and discomfort of LONG nights (although they find a happy home on top of Josh, who knows no such feeling as "too hot"). Wish I could heap my uncomfortable sciatic nerve on top of him too, but no such luck :)

I am so happy and grateful for a June due date! Not having to sweat-out my 3rd trimester months in July and August is a welcome blessing. On the other hand, our own little groundhog crawled out of his burrow, saw the blazing sun, and retreated. Winter was just extended for 11 more weeks for Josh. Sorry baby. Keep those hoodies and flannel pants out for a while longer, but feel free to bring a tee and cargo shorts to the hospital!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Eric and I still couldn't believe how hot it is when you guys go to sleep. I feel bad thinking about past times when josh slept over at my house and the thermostat was down so low. He probably hated it!
June will come quick! As soon as the weather let's us get outside more, time will fly by and you'll be having that little guy.