Wednesday, April 7, 2010

50 Recipes! My Culinary Project

I have a new project: To gather 50 recipes I can cook for my family! I say "gather" because I am not to the point of "creating" quite yet. This project will focus on making a collection of recipes to continuously draw from when planning out my weekly menus. I have found that planning a menu for one week's worth of meals, as well as completing all the associated grocery shopping by the Saturday before the week begins does wonder for my sanity, my free time, and our family together time. Usually the task of planning out my menu takes what feels like FOREVER (in actuality it takes about an hour and a half, which feels like a long time to think about and look at food)! I browse through cookbooks, browse websites, and occasionally flip through a few magazines as well. I figure of I can pull one or two meals out of a Bos family "collection" each week, it'll save me even more time in my planning. These will be meals that are tried and tested, meals that I've previously cooked, and that I know we all like. They will also be meals that are lactose-free and Josh-appropriate :)

Tonight I made Pesto Chicken Penne--a pasta dish that is quick and yummy. I have made it a few times before and we ALL LIKE IT! Therefore...drumroll please...it qualifies to enter the collection--my 1st official addition into my 1st official collection. So exciting :)

No comments: