Friday, January 15, 2010

Our Christmas Eve

I can't believe I'm just getting around to posting this, but better late than never! We had such a wonderful Christmas Eve this year...as we always do. We arrived at the Bos home around 3:30, and visited with Scott, Jen, Maddie for a few hours before they had to leave :( I should mention all the non-stop snacking that was going on during these visiting hours--I couldn't help myself and I don't have a very strong-willed food filter with this pregnancy: "Sure I'll have one of those! And pass me some of that! And can I get another drink? Can't believe I'm not full yet!" Needless to say, there were many great and marvelous sweet and salty treats for the taste buds, and why shouldn't there be? It's Christmas Eve! My doctor warned me about all the Christmas sweets: "Be careful over the holidays. Don't go too crazy with the sweet stuff." Uhhh-huhhh...of course...remember how healthy I was in my last pregnancy Doc? Preaching to the choir my friend! Right...well, I just rationalize by saying he's never had Christmas Eve with the Bos family, so he couldn't possibly have known what he was asking of me--the impossible! And I might add that eating healthy during a spring/summer pregnancy presents fewer challenges than during the holidays!

The night continued on with good conversation, laughs and excitement from Annabelle, and a prime rib feast when Aaron and Kristy arrived. Then we all filtered into the front room where we received our monogrammed stockings (so cute) and a few awesome gifts. Annabelle enjoyed opening her presents, and definitely had a few favorites!

Peek-A-Boo! I LOVE playing in my Princess Play Hut

A stocking just for me?!

Wow! That's a lot of stuff in there!

I especially love the band-aids and need to wear them right now!



The cute monogrammed stocking with suspenders

Josh has been wanting this jacket for months! He was so surprised!


This is wonderful!



"Open that right now!" Stir, stir, stir
The night was a relaxing success. We sure missed having Nikki, Eric and Liv there this year, but look forward to them joining us again next year! Josh, Annabelle and I capped off the night with a family sleepover at my parents' house. We were exhausted, but such is life when you're a parent of a toddler at Christmastime! And really...there's not many things in life that are sweeter!

1 comment:

Al said...

You guys are such a cute family!!! You look amazing! We will be down in a couple of months, I hope we can get together!