Monday, January 4, 2010

Blessed

Yesterdaywas an AMAZING day! I am grateful beyond expression for my Savior Jesus Christ, for His Atonement, and for a loving and mindful Heavenly Father who is always watching and listening. I have a strong testimony of the power of prayer and the miracles that result from consistent communication with the Lord. It has changed my life and brought me peace, calmness and love. I know He wants to bless us--He wants us to be happy in this life, and to achieve that happiness in an everlasting way, the way He planned from the beginning of time. I know and can testify that His promises are real, His vision eternal. We have a limited perspective on life--on our lives--and only He knows what is truly the best for us, for our growth, for our strength, for our testimonies, for our families, for our progression. I have been taught humility, patience, unconditional love, and trust, while questioning why I was going through what seemed like a confusing, emotionally draining trial. It is not confusing anymore; it is as clear as day. Why was I so blind in the beginning to what the Lord was teaching me? He was asking me to grow spiritually, to wait, to swallow my pride, to trust in Him, to have faith in my patriarchal blessing when I felt it didn't relate or apply to me anymore, to love without knowing the future or having the answers. He was asking me to go to a place inside myself I hadn't yet been challenged to discover. I have a newfound, deeper testimony of faith in Him, in His timing, and in His purposes for us. Don't question why you are going through the challenges placed in your path; simply have faith that it is for the best, that though your vision may be dark right now, it will be brighter than ever before at the right time down the road. He is always there. I love Him very much, and I am incredibly thankful for answers, for an overwhelming knowledge that He is watching over me and my family. I pray that I will NEVER forget yesterday, the feelings I had, the peace, the love, and the spirit.


5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Robyn thank you for your words. It was just what I needed to read! You are so wonderful and are so gifted with the amazing ability to write so beautifully. I felt such peace when I read your post. I need to have faith and like you said not doubt my own blessing as well and know that it is not my timing but his. That lessons do need to be learned even has hard and heartbreaking as they may seem at times. Thank you for your inspired words.

Lara said...

Thank you for writing this! It is so good to write your testimony down, and so many of us benefit from it!

Nikki said...

This post makes me smile! I love you!

jacksonx03 said...

I hope everything is ok. You are quite the strong lady!

Lori said...

Beautiful testimony, Robyn! Thanks:)