Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tiny Dancer











Annabelle LOVES to dance :) I've been working with her at home, teaching her a few things (balance, reach high, reach low, spin, low "shapes", kick, etc). I also ordered a few new props for my Creative classes, and she's constantly wanting to dance with a "circo," (the plastic circle with ribbons attached) as seen above. When I ask her if she wants music, she always responds, "Ssss," which is yes. :) Today at the mall, she was making low "shapes" (poses) in the middle of the food court, and doing her best to copy her cousin Paige's ballerina arms when spinning. It was so cute! She wants so badly to be able to jump, and she constantly tries to bend really low and jump, maybe thinking the lower she gets, the better her chances are at getting some air. But to no avail...she's still getting just one leg airborne. I'm sure with how much she practices, she'll get it in no time. I'm so happy she loves it so much; I'm hoping I can bring her with me to one of the classes I teach, beginning in the fall. She'll be a year younger than the rest, but hopefully with enough summer dancing fun with mom, she'll fit right in :)
PS: Today we had a well-baby visit, and Annabelle is in the 75% for her height, and 25% for her weight--just like her dad :) Lucky girl!







8 comments:

jacksonx03 said...

Cute! Have you cut her hair yet? It's so perfectly even! What have you decided about a jogging stroller?

FitNotQuitJess said...

She is SOOOOO adorable! I've seen her a the park with your mom a few times and she's just too cute, and tall! What a cutie little dancer!

Mandi said...

She is so cute. I can see so much of both you and Josh in her! Way to start her with dance young!

Kristy said...

So dang cute!

Al said...

That is seriously the cutest thing ever!!!!! Hope you guys are doing well.

Tashina said...

I seriously love those pics! She is so cute!

ali-dot-e said...

That is so cute! I secretly love dancing with ribbons in my living room too!

Nikki said...

Ohhhh... I miss you guys like crazy. Just seeing her dancing like that makes me want to jump in the car and drive up to see you guys!!!