Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year
















Happy New Year everyone! I never intended to include blogging in my Christmas break, but somehow it got thrown in there, and I took a huge break :) Now I have the not-so-small task of condensing a few weeks into one post, without writing a novel. The best news to report is that Annabelle is finally WALKING!! She definitely took her time--she is 16 months old tomorrow! She is as cute as a button when she walks--I LOVE it! No more crawling around, ruining every dress and pair of pants she owns! This past Sunday my niece, Daisy, was blessed. It was the first time Annabelle got to walk into church in her dress, and I thought it was the cutest thing in the entire world. Ok...on to some highlights!
*Christmas was WONDERFUL! I spent Christmas Eve with Josh's family at his parents' house. It was so fun, and I am so lucky to have them as in-laws. Olivia and Annabelle are beginning to play very well together! Annabelle LOVED her gifts, and had SO much fun! Josh's parents, Nikki and Eric, Jenn and Scott, and Kristy and Aaron were all there, and we laughed a ton, ate a yummy dutch dinner, opened great presents, played games, and TALKED to JOSH! I actually got to talk to him about 4 times throughout Christmas Eve and Christmas, which was so great. He got me some new perfume, some at-home toning/workout stuff, and a new sewing machine (yes...I wanted it)! I'm going to learn how to sew; my 1st project is going to be curtains for the office. I slept over at my parents' house that night, and woke up Christmas morning with my whole family. We opened presents and ate yummy sausage and egg casserole, and hung out the whole day. So relaxing. The next day my mom, Brittany and I went shopping and found some great sales!
*Annabelle went sledding for the 1st time! She didn't so much like the hill, but she liked being pulled down the road :)
*I've done a few home projects: cleaned the house, put up a new shelf in Annabelle's room, completed the laundry, added a picture in the hall, and organized a toy closet. However, Christmas is still up :)
*I'm slowly getting my mom interested in The Hills :) My most guilty pleasure for sure!
*Daisy was blessed! She was so cute, and received a wonderful blessing. She wanted to keep to herself most of the day, and cried whenever she came close to sensing a group of people--so funny :) I got to see and talk to Kristi and Mike (great friends), so that was fun too.
*I spent New Year's Eve with my parents and brother and sister-in-law. Josh called right when it turned midnight for him; he left a message giving me a New Year's kiss, and told me he was calling me from "the future." He went on and on about how great it was, and how much I was going to like it, etc. It cracked me up! It was probably the only time I was glad I missed the call, because the message was so funny and cute.
Now on to the New Year! For the past 2 years I have tried to NOT make resolutions about my weight. I love being healthy and active. If my weight does begin to be a problem, it usually isn't a motivational issue. So hopefully this year I can be a better person in a lot of ways: a better friend, a better example, a better and more patient mother, a better wife (hey, at least my husband will be in the same state this year), and a better sister. I really miss hanging out with friends, and I hope with Josh coming home soon that I can have a few more girls nights and relief society activities. I hope all of you had a happy new year, and are excited for 2009!

2 comments:

Al said...

They are so cute when they start walking and wobbeling (not sure if I spelled that right- oh well) everywhere! How did the reindeer dust thing go? Did the kids like it?

Tashina said...

Oh my gosh! Annabelle is so ridiculously cute! How fun that she is walking, I love that stage!