Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Little Match Girl


On December 5th, my dance studio performed its Christmas production: "The Little Match Girl." I wish I had more pictures, but I was too busy to take any! I had such a wonderful time! I had 5 pieces in the concert: 3 Creative classes (3-4 yr olds), 1 Junior Company modern piece, and 1 modern piece for the soloists. We had an insane dress rehearsal, but all of my dancer friends will tell you: Bad dress rehearsal=Great Show! I actually reminded our Production Manager of this the afternoon of the show, and I ended up being right! On show night, everything went very smoothly, and the dancers performed better than they ever have. I arrived early, and was in charge of warming up the Company girls. It was fun. They insisted I wear glitter on my eyes, just like them. Apparently glitter is a performance must now-a-days. That stuff kept getting in my eyes the entire night, and I kept seeing "stars" in my peripheral--a bit of an annyance. Maybe it was a sloppy application on McKenzie's part.
After the warm-up, I went out to check on the younger girls, and they looked so adorable! They were so excited to perform, and were so excited to show me their bows, make-up, and curls :) I thought for sure they'd start crying as we waited in the wing--in the darkness! But they were troopers and couldn't wait to get out there for their turn. I even had one little girl run back on stage after exiting because she was having so much fun :) With the exception of 3 dancers, they actually performed their choreography with confidence (the other 3 couldn't hold in their excitement, and began dancing their "favorite way" as soon as the music started). Still very entertaining! My Junior Company girls made me cry. They performed beautifully, and have improved so much. It was the best they've ever done, and I was proud of them!
I had such a great time, and loved being in that type of atmosphere again. When I got home, there was a little emergency in the place I live. After getting Annabelle, she and I headed to my parents' to spend the weekend. Luckily everything is back to normal, and we're doing great (other than an annoying sinus headache and a touch of asthma). But hey...'tis the season, right?! I am soooo ready to do some Christmas activities! Maybe it's the weather, but I haven't even felt like it's Christmas, and we only have 2 weeks left! I guess I better get busy!

7 comments:

Tashina said...

Congrats on making it through! What a big weight off your shoulders. Now you can try to relax and enjoy the holidays! :)

crista said...

They look so cute... girl how did you get the tracking thing on your page to who visits your page. It wont let me add it on mine for some reason HELP please!

Nikki said...

I'm with you.. without snow it hasn't really felt like Christmas. I like a white Christmas.

Al said...

Oh so cute!!! Makes me so sad I will never have a little girl! :(

The Harts said...

Robyn!! So cute... and fun that you are teaching dance :)

jacksonx03 said...

I am missing all your fun posts! Your fan base is patiently waiting. I hope your Christmas was good, I meant to email you earlier and thank you for the wonderful get together. It's been quite eventful here so my energy has been elsewhere. Take care!

lishajeanne said...

Cute costumes! There is a card for you at Grandma Smiths house!