Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Pioneer Pageant with Annabelle

Gorgeous Pioneer
With Paige pre-show
Sporting our red, white and blue!
Our big, toothy grins
The Brotherson family. Mindi was my best friend growing up. We LOVE them :) They have 2 kids in the show.
Cute and spunky Addison--I have a feeling she and Stocky are 2 peas in a pod! ;)
This was actually a really neat part of the pre-show! As he drops to the ground, a team of men rush in to pick up the flag--the flag never even touched the ground! I just loved it, made my heart swell.
Gotta have a hot dog and nachos! I think I ate the nachos :)
This was really fun! Merrill Osmond actually sky dived on the closing night! He didn't hit his mark, and actually landed in a nearby field, where they picked him up and transported him to the show :) I Love Merrill; he is a wonderful man in every way. Because of him, I have so many wonderful memories of dancing!
Watching the sky divers!
Girls hanging out after the show. Next year we hope they will all be participants :)
Annabelle was so excited to get to Paige
Playing around on the stage
Our big group of has-beens! Haha. This is me with my previous studio directors/clogging family! I gew up very close to all of these people, and I still get to judge competitions for them in the springtime.  From Left: Mindi, Chareese, Brittany, Lisa, Karen, Me, Misty, and Gary. Gary actually sang at our wedding :) He was also Brother Brigham in our pageant.

It was so great to finally be able to take Annabelle to the pageant! It was a very surreal occasion for me, and a bit hard to believe! There were many previous cast members who attended this night, and it was trippy to watch all of the kids up there dancing, taking over our places :)  We keep telling Karen and Merrill to let us dance in it! I think a decision has yet to be made. I'm ready to put my bonnett on and hoedown my heart out, if only my feet could move as fast as they used to--it's definitely not like riding a bike! :) Nevertheless, I would make it happen if we got the go-ahead! It would be amazing to be with Annabelle and do it together. She's probably still young enough to think that's cool :)


No comments: