Wednesday, January 25, 2012

OUR Family is Forever

"O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder consider all the world Thy hand hath made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder; Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed;
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
I hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook, and feel the gentle breeze;
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
And when I think that God, his Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I can scarce can take it in;
That on the cross my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
When Christ shall come, with shouts of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall feel my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration. And there proclaim,
My God how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, My Savior God, to Thee
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

What an amazing day! I feel so blessed! Josh and I, along with Annabelle and Stockton, were sealed together as an eternal family on 28 October 2011 in the Draper, UT temple. When I think of Heavenly Father's love and grace, it is overwhelming. Josh and I were married a little over 5 years ago. If you would have told me then that it would be 5 more years until we were sealed I wouldn't have believed you (and I would have cried myself into a deep depression). :) If you would have told me that I would have a baby--and another baby--before going through the temple, I would have shut you out of my life forever! Not really, but I wouldn't have believed you. I thank my Heavenly Father for knowing and understanding the bigger picture, and at the same time keeping the information from me :)  I think we sometimes go through life wondering how it will all turn out: Will I make it? Will my kids turn out to be loving, caring, independent, and righteous individuals? Will I get to see my kids grow? Etc. At times and during moments like these, I am thankful I didn't know what it would take, how long it would seem to take, the emotion that would be spent in dreaming and wondering when forever would be a word I could use to describe the relationships I have with my husband and children. I am simply grateful for the most precious gift of FAITH--FAITH in His plan for me. I am grateful for the gift of being able to wake up each day and hope for promised blessings to come to pass. I am grateful for the gift of His son, which makes my faith possible. I am grateful for the knowledge that through it all--no matter what happens--it will all be okay. I love the quote that states: "Not to spoil the ending for you, but everything is going to be okay."  :)  I believe in this with my whole heart. I'm grateful we get each and every morning to start fresh looking forward to wonderful blessings and growth, not knowing what's in store, but still having the perfect knowledge of a peaceful ending as long as we stay faithful.
I absolutely loved our temple sealing--everything about it. Annabelle looked forward to marrying her daddy for a good month, and asked so many questions along the way about temples, Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Heaven, angels, sealings, etc. What an amazing teaching opportunity it was, especially to be able to follow it all up with a visit, a sealing, a look inside, and a memory she will hopefully be able to recall later in life. When I was sealed to Josh, it took on so much more depth and meaning than it would have 5 years ago. We have had amazing times together; we have comforted each other and laughed together; we have created a family; we have weathered a few rough storms. Making an eternal commitment to him now felt extremely meaningful--and emotional to boot! I know who he is; I know what it takes to hold it all together; I know what it feels like when it's right; I know the calibur of husband and father he is, and making the commitment to stand by each other through forever is an incredible feeling! The blessing of being sealed to your children is an indescribable experience, one so sacred that I don't believe I could express it in words. I have felt the sharp pain of not having my children sealed to me; Josh has also experienced this with the addition of being separated from us while he was deployed to Afghanistan. To receive this special, sacred blessing from our Heavenly Father at this time in our lives is nothing short of a PERFECT miracle. I could never wish for anything more than I have today. I have everything I need to be happy in this life and in the next. I have a testimony of this gospel. I know it is true with all my heart and soul. Being sealed to Josh and the kids is the most blessed and happy I have ever felt. Annabelle and Stockton weren't quite sure what was going on, and each of them responded exactly as we knew they would. I wouldn't have had it any other way, and I am the luckiest woman in the world to have them as my own. The blessings and miracles that took place along the way--especially in the final 2 months of this process were amazing. The gospel is true. He knows who we are. He speaks His will through His Prophet--He can even speak His will for us as individuals through His prophet. He doesn't give us the journey we would necessarily choose for ourselves; rather, he helps us through the journey He created FOR us with the goal of fitting us for His Celestial kingdom. Seeking to understand and follow His will throughout my life is the ONLY pathway I trust. It is paved with challenges, opportunities, refinement, and blessings--all combined together for the sole purpose of saving and exalting us here and in the eternities. I have faith that He knows what we need and when we need it. I love Him and His son, Jesus Christ.



4 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

What BEAUTIFUL pictures and a BEAUTIFUL testimony of the events. When I heard I was so happy for you and your family.

Congrats to you and your beautiful family for receiving the blessings of ETERNITY!

Nikki said...

Best day of your lives yet!!!! Love you guys!!

JR and Amanda said...

Oh my goodness Robyn...I couldn't be more thrilled for you! What a sacred experience. You have captured it beautifully! Congratulations to you and your sweet family!

Love,
Amanda

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! Such beautiful words. Such a beautiful family. Such a beautiful blessing. So happy for your family. There is no sweeter memory than of your family dressed in white around the alter of the temple. Wouldn't you agree? And there is no greater peace than the peace that comes with knowing that those you love most are yours forever. Congratulations again!