Thursday, May 6, 2010

Night at the Museum

We recently spent some fun family time at the Dinosaur Museum! Annabelle loves dinosaurs and dragons, so we decided to show them to her up close and personal. It was a wonderful time--we spent over 2 hours walking around, playing, experimenting, and eating at the cafe! She was a bit apprehensive and too scared to get close to the HUGE displays, but she still had a good time, was interested in what she was seeing, and was trying something new, which is definitely a good thing. She was sad when we had to leave, and has been asking me every day since "When is family time? Where are we going on our family time mom?" She must've enjoyed herself!
"Whoa! I threw a piece of paper up there, and it shot up to the ceiling!"


"The instructions say 'Can you make 4 sides?' That's challenging, but look at me! I'm smart, I'm focused, and I'm filled to the brim with confidence. You should see how fast I put together puzzles at home!"

"Dinosaurs make me so happy! Let's go see 'em"

"Uhhhhh they're A LOT bigger than I thought and I'm a little scared."

"Daddy and I both made fun pictures! He was very proud of his dragonfly!"

"I love this game! I can choose a dinosaur, push its button, and the big map shows me where in the world he lives!

"Normally I don't enjoy getting dirty, but after about 10 minutes of testing it out, I finally decided to reach in here--what a good choice! It was fun digging for little dinosaurs in 'dough.'

"I like to find friends wherever I go!"

"These are the dinosaurs I found!"

"Then out of nowhere, I saw 'Ariel's Shark!' Ya know, the one that chases Ariel and Flounder in the ocean? I was scared for a second and cried for my daddy, but now I can't wait to go back and see it again!"

"I'm much more comfortable in here, making my own fossil. Tyson is helping me and I told him 'I make cookies at my house too!' He laughed and laughed

"It just takes a little tap-tap-tap for those air bubbles to disappear."

"I did it! I LOVE it! The dinosaur museum is wonderful!"
Can't wait for more fun family time!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Her hair is getting SO long so fast!!