Monday, May 10, 2010

A Big Girl Bed!

A big girl bed for Annabelle! This past weekend we were able to get Annabelle her own bed--LONG overdue, but worth the wait! She LOVES it and LOVED helping daddy put it together. It makes me a little sad to take away the crib. She loved her crib, preferred it to all other beds (including mom and dad's), and never once tried to get out on her own. Nevertheless, as soon as we started talking to her about getting a brand-new big girl bed, she was more than ready to give up the crib. As you can see in the following pictures, it was a wonderfully happy day for her. To be honest, it was also a wonderfully happy day for me and Josh as well--seeing your children excited, happy, helping out with little tasks, proud to be growing up and embracing change, are all amazing rewards of being a parent. We're so excited for you Annabelle!

My 1st time using a screwdriver! I'm pretty good and know exactly what to do already!
Look at me showing daddy how to work this thing!
My daddy is the BEST! I'm so glad we're doing this together.

Uh-oh...uhhh...dad? It says here the rails are upside down! Gotta start over!

We fixed it and are back on track. Phew!

Let me test this out. Yep! It'll work great. It sure feels good to relax after working so hard.

Look at me! I'm sitting in my new bed! I've got BIG plans for that drawer on the footboard--DRESS-UP stash!

I'm so excited! I really want to "go to my nap." Now can you get my mom to choose a blanket for me?!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

SO cute! What a big girl!

brittany said...

I LOVE her new bed! It's way cute!

Doney Days said...

So cute! I love the picture of her reading the instructions!

Lori said...

I absolutely adore the poics of her and Josh. They are priceless!