Monday, November 2, 2009

Crouped-up on Halloween

Annabelle came down with the Croup the day before Halloween! Our original plans of attending "Little Haunts" (This is the Place Heritage Park) with the family and trick-or-treating later that night were all disappointingly cancelled. Annabelle was Tinkerbell, and her cousin Paige was dressing up as Tinkerbell's buddy, Silvermist. They would've been an adorable little pair, but alas it wasn't in the cards. As a result, I spent Friday afternoon making a Plan B, and searching for other ways to make the day special for Annabelle. Here is the Bos family's 2009 Halloween: Plan B.

A Halloween breakfast complete with a Pumpkin sipper and Halloween bowl. The little placemat & stickers have nothing to do w/ Halloween, but they were still a fun addition.

Little Miss Tinkerbell! I had to get her dressed up, even if it was for only 10 minutes. Her cousin Olivia loaned her this costume--Adorable!
She's also sporting a new hairstyle! I love it!
Drinks poolside. Seems relaxing to me!!

All cuddled up to watch some Tinkerbell

Mummy dogs and worm juice for lunch!

Annabelle loved it! She sat down and said, "Look at that Daddy!" Then she kept asking for more "bugs."

I know it's a little on the yucky side, but yes...I made booger sticks for a snack

I talked to the Dr. and he said she'd be ok to go outside for 10-20 minutes. So I told her she could go trick-or-treating and she was so excited! She hurriedly put on her whole costume without one complaint, and gave her best "Tinkerbell" smile

"Let's Go treating! I'm on a deadline!"

She got the hang if it pretty quickly! She would knock, then loudly say "Come out!"

This little porch was a gold mine for her! A bucket full of lollipops just sitting there. She LOVES lollipops, and we had to pry her away, negotiating with her to take just one.


"Scary!"

Home to enjoy the treats!
We came home and all sat in the living room picnic-style for dinner: Pumpkin Baked Ziti (Very good)! We dumped her bag, let her check out all the candy, then put her down to bed for a long Winter's nap. Around about 11 Josh joined her in her room and slept on the floor (we've been trading off nights because the doctor told me to sleep in her room until Tuesday, in order to be close enough if she has an attack). Luckily she's been attack-free so far, just really hoarse, totally congested, coughing and fatigued :(
But it was still a great day, spent together at home. I think we made the most of it. Annabelle is a little trooper; she has been so sweet and lovey for the majority of this illness, which makes it a less difficult obstacle to endure. Happy Halloween everyone!!! Hope your days and nights were Spook-tacular!!
Bring on Thanksgiving!
PS: Thanks for all the cute ideas Nikki!!!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Poor little sweetie. I feel so bad that she was sick. But, at least she had a fun sick day at home. She looked absolutely adorable in her costume. And I LOVE her hair. That hair cut is so stunning on her. A friend of mine told me about this blog that shows how to do all these amazing hairstyles. I'm already in love with it. Its under Princess Hair or something on my blog. We miss you! Thanksgiving is going to be heaven!!!!

ali-dot-e said...

What a good mom you are!! She was so cute coming to our house. Ethan got croup a lot and the doctor said it was good for him to go outside and breath in that cold air! I am glad that she got to do some trick or treating!!

Lori said...

I agree- you're such a good mommy!! I love Annabelle's haircut- so adorable! I hope she feels better.

Tashina said...

How sad to have croup on Halloween! Croup is so not fun- my kids have both had it already... She looks adorable in her costume, though. And, you are such a good mom to plan all those little surprises for her!

Sarah said...

You are such a fabulous mom, Robyn. I hope she's feeling better!

Al said...

She is seriously the cutest little thing ever! I am so happy she got out to trick-or-treat even if it was only for a few minutes. Hope she is doing better!