Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tinkerbell is Waiting...

Annabelle has developed an ADORABLE obsession over Tinkerbell! This love-fest began very innocently and inadvertently. Josh's brother, "Piete-Piete," bought her the DVD "Sleeping Beauty" for her birthday (because she loves Aurora), but the real gem and soon-to-be favorite Disney character to date lay sweetly tucked inside. It was a promo DVD for "Tinkerbell," with menu options including a sneak-peek of the movie, a trip to Pixie Hollow, a look into the individual lives of Tinkerbell's fairy friends, etc. There was no turning back! She was hooked! She seemed to memorize the movie's events almost instantly, and was recounting them back to me and Josh from sun up to sun down. It was so stinkin cute I've never allowed her so much TV in her little life (we are now slowing it down a bit) :)

This fondness seems to be developing into a little imaginery relationship between herself and the cute, green fairy. On our way home today, we had this little conversation:

Annabelle: Mommy, I hurry!
Me: You have to hurry?
Annabelle: Ya. I hurry. Tinkerbell's waiting!
Me: Tinkerbell is waiting for you?
Annabelle: Ya. Tink. Waiting. I watch her.
Me: Tink?

So cute! She's calling her Tink, and believes in her heart that Tink eagerly waits for her to come home and turn the movie on :)

PS: I don't think anything can prepare you for these little obsession kids get! When we're at Wal-Mart, I sooo wish I could buy her everything Tinkerbell (how cute are those little slippers, PJ's, coloring books, dolls, dress-ups, etc??). When I explain to Annabelle that we can't get those things right now because we "don't have enough money today," I feel like I'm really trying to convince myself to walk away! Just walk away Robyn; she'll be okay without the slippers and the doll...oh, and the lantern that TALKS! Ha ha.

5 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

That's just too precious! She is just too adorable!

P.S. Christmas is only a few months away...I sense a Tinkerbell theme for Christmas!

jacksonx03 said...

Cute! Is she going to be tinkerbell for Halloween?

ali-dot-e said...

Isn't it funny how they get connected to things? It must be the name, Annabell and Tinkerbell. I totally hear you on the wanting to buy everything at walmart. I think I have a harder time when I have to say no, they forget about it soon after, I am still dwelling on "I wish I could buy my kids everything they want."

Tashina said...

That is so sweet!

Doney Days said...

That is adorable! What a cutie!