Monday, June 29, 2009

I Love to See the Temple

Josh, Annabelle and I were able to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with my family on Friday. It was such a great experience, and the temple is beautiful. The weather was rainy, but it only added to the temple's beauty, especially given its location. Before you enter the temple, you watch a short video about it, and about temples in general. I love hearing the prophet and apostles speak and bear testimony; I always feel an extra special spirit when I'm listening to them. There is a church DVD called "Special Witnesses of Christ," and I love it for this exact reason. I guess that's why they're called "Special Witnesses," and why their words and testimonies always feel so special. Annabelle was well-behaved throughout the video, which was a relief. I was a little apprehensive about taking her with us because she is still so young, but I really wanted her to come along and experience it for herself. I wanted her there with Josh and I, and I wanted her to see all the pictures of Jesus, and to feel the special reverance that is just a little different from our weekly meetings. I was so happy I made this decision because she did very well, and seemed to really enjoy herself--she even stayed on my lap during the short testimonies and information given in the sealing room. I was so proud of her! After the tour was completed, we stepped outside to make our way to the reception tent. Right above us, there was a HUGE double rainbow as bright as can be. It was BEAUTIFUL! Of course...we didn't have our camera, but I think we'll always remember how pretty it was, and how perfect the timing and experience were for such a sight!

I am so thankful we have temples here on the earth, and that we have access to so many temples because of where we live. What a blessing! I have a strong testimony about temples, and I simply cannot wait to be able to participate in more of the ordinances performed inside. I love the feeling I have whenever I participate in anything uplifting, and of a more spiritual nature. It's a little hard to explain, but I feel as though I'm doing exactly as I should be doing, that nothing else I could be doing would be more beneficial, profitable, or rewarding. I hope to create more of these experiences and opportunities for my family. I hope I can always search out different ways to make the gospel a part of Annabelle's life and character, and I'd LOVE to hear different things you all do to bring the gospel into your homes and your childrens' lives. I know beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus lives, and that He is mindful of us and our needs. If we aren't feeling His love and influence in our lives, I know it is because we have turned our backs, not the other way around. I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, and that we are here on earth to prove our worthiness of living with Him again. I pray that I may place my focus on Him and His purpose for me, so that I may be able to participate in everything the temple, and this life have in store for me and for my family.

1 comment:

jacksonx03 said...

We went the same day and saw the double rainbow too! Too bad we missed you. I am glad you guys loved it, we did too! Mike especially loved all the little "cookie elves" at the end. I think he visited each one of them.

Oh, as for your question in your post, I haven't done this yet and keeping meaning to but I want to put a framed picture of Christ in Ivy's room. She recognizes any pics or statues of Him, so I think she'd like her own special picture.