Thursday, June 25, 2009

Changed Perspective

I remember having a conversation with my mom when Annabelle was a baby. It went something like this:

Me: I don't understand why parents let their kids call objects by the wrong names. For example, if Annabelle calls a banana a "nana," I'll just say, "Yes, you have a banana."

Mom: Laughs. Well, it's just cute.

Me: I don't really think it's that cute. It only makes sense to teach them the right word all along.

Now fast forward to today. Annabelle is 21 months old, and here are a few of OUR most favorite words:
Ne-Ne's
Ce-Ce

Woo-Woo
Being a mom certainly changes your perspective on things; it helps you find joy in the imperfect.



2 comments:

Tashina said...

I used to feel the same way... Boy have things changed! Now it is something that I love so much about Mason, and I can't find it in myself to correct him.

Nikki said...

I love the baby talk. Its only for such a short time of their life.
I always thought it was weird when people carried around their toddlers. Now, its such a rare thing when she wants me to hold her that I'll take what I can get. Miss you guys. Wish I could kiss Annabelle's chubby little face.