Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Hot Air Balloon Festival

The colors were so beautiful against the blue sky!
Annabelle and Stockton had never seen anything like it before :)
Stockton's favorite balloon was the big pink pig! He watched it from the time it left the ground until it was completely out of sight!
I was worried for this man :)
Taking it all in
More beautiful colors
This is a peaceful sight--both of them are so content :)
There is always something beautiful about the red, white, and blue in the sky!
This balloon was giving people little rides, but the line was huge. Josh and I discussed me going (because I really wanted to), but the line was just too long! Maybe next time :)
After the balloons had all taken off, the kids got their own balloons to decorate! Annabelle got to choose facial features for hers and tape them on. Stocky just wanted to color his with markers :)

What a beautiful morning! We got the kids up early and dragged them down to Sandy City for the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We had to be there by sunrise, but once we arrived it was all worth it! The kids were in awe, and it made me so happy to see them exploring something new and taking in the gorgeous sights. It is so hard for me to get up early when I don't have to; I have never been a morning person! Nevertheless, the mornings when Josh and I force ourselves to get up early in order to do something fun as a family, I always love it and want to do it more! Some of my favorite activities as a family involve getting up and out of the house early: 5K races, hiking, etc. This experience was no exception. We had a wonderful, relaxing time! Before heading home, we stopped at the grocery store for donuts and milk, then dropped in on my parents to visit for the afternoon. A perfect summer day!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos from the balloon show!
Oh, summer...

Nikki said...

I have never been to a ballon show like that. I bet that was fun!