Monday, May 7, 2012

Easter Morning

We had such a beautiful Easter this year! I absolutely loved it, everything about it. Annabelle had been sick the entire week leading up to Easter, so I didn't get very much done regarding Easter baskets, crafts, recipes, etc., but the kids were still happy and had a wonderful time. As an added bonus, Annabelle was finally feeling better and was able to enjoy her new dress, 3 hours of church, a peaceful Sunday afternoon nap, an awesome egg hunt at Grandma's, and a delicious Easter family dinner with the Nielsen family. The entire day was full of blessings and beauty :) I am so grateful for our families who make holidays so wonderful and nice, who always add the extra touches. We can always feel  it is a holiday when we walk into the home of family members--the spirit and love is evidenced in everything from the conversation to the decor to the meal. I love it. I love being surrounded by feelings of love and people I love during the holidays. Set against the feelings of celebration for and remembrance of the Savior's resurrection, it was a day full of joy. I love that we celebrate the resurrection of Christ. It brings life, peace, and hope into everything we do on this earth. I am grateful for my Savior. I love Him and I have a testimony of His resurrection.

The kids got adorable new outfits from Mimi for Easter, along with their buckets! Thanks Mimi!
Annabelle still had on her band-aid from the hospital where she had blood work. She didn't want to take it off :)

She didn't want her picture taken, but I had to take a few before all the curl started relaxing  :)  And please excuse the wall in the background that was halfway completed--it is now done and we love it!

A happier face

One handsome little dude!

Look at those gorgeous eyes!

Off to church!

No comments: