Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hard Work Pays Off

Annabelle asked me if she could get a new Princess Tiana dress-up. She'd been wanting it for some time, so I told her she could do some work to earn it. We came up with a plan and a job chart that we both felt good about, and off to work she went! I was so impressed by her hard work! She spent about 7 hours in my mom's yard helping with yard work; she helped to plant pots for Mother's Day; she donated 8 lbs of her clothing; she shined windows, and folded the clothes in the laundry. Her goal was 20 hours of work and/or service to others. I allowed her to count 1 hour for each pound of clothing donated as well. She was all smiles with eyes lit up on the day we finally went to the store to make the purchase. And guess what? They didn't have one!  :(  We were so sad, but we eventually found her one that she loved, and she was so proud of herself for working hard and earning it! I was craaaaazy and didn't snap any photos of her in her new dress, but I did take a few of her working toward her goal. :)

Watering plants
Helping to plant a few flower pots
Sweeping the patio

Congratulations Annabelle! We are proud of all your hard work and dedication!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

What a great idea!!! I love that she is so happy doing her work. What a great little girl!