Saturday, August 20, 2011

Memorial Day 2011



Rained out!
This year we all rained out! I hate it when this happens! Memorial Day in Smithfield is a day I always look forward to--it's the ONLY family reunion Josh and I attend between both our families, and it holds a very special place in my heart. This isn't your typical huge family reunion with matching t-shirts and masses of random people you don't know, never did know, and never will know. This is a small gathering with my mom's immediate family and their children (aka--my cousins). Not just any cousins either--the cousins I grew up dancing with, cheering with, and dressing up with. Naturally, we all look forward to seeing each other, visiting, watching the dads and husbands play a game of softball, and letting our kids play together in the sand and on the playground. But it wasn't meant to be this year, which makes me sad. We did at least get to see everyone, even if it was for only 30 or 60 minutes! And most importantly, we got to visit "Smith" and remember her. I miss her very much, and I soooo wish she could be here to see and know Annabelle and Stockton  :(  I miss her house; I miss her smile; I miss hearing her voice; I miss Fridays--the way they used to be; I miss having a grandma here. Memorial Day at Smithfield will always be, and I suppose has always been a tribute to her and to her family. I'll never miss a Memorial Day at Smithfield--rain or shine. I Love you Grandma.
Happy Memorial Day!
Smith and Annabelle


1 comment:

Nikki said...

That is one of the CUTEST family pictures I've seen of you guys! You all look so happy!