Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Show Week!

Annabelle performed so well during SHOW WEEK at The Little Gym! She was a little scared of the Balance Beam and Uneven Bars, but she ROCKED the FLOOR ROUTINE! We practiced her floor routine skills every day in order to prepare her for the big performance, and she did wonderfully! I know I'm a little biased, but I would venture to say she had the BEST floor routine and BEST "Ta-Da's" in the whole class! :) My mom and Josh would agree with me, but they're a little biased too :) She was so excited and I LOVED watching her.

The Little Gym was such a great start for Annabelle; she had such caring and animated teachers (Miss Kim and Miss Claire), as well as a great little class with LOTS of tiny good examples running and monkey jumping around :) Annabelle was someone new each and every week during the semester (Ariel, Jesse, Rapunzel, Fern, etc.), and her teachers just smiled and played along (Miss Kim would LOVE it when Annabelle was Fern). Unbelievably she actually allowed them to call her "Annabelle" during her performance without ONE protest--I call that a SUCCESS!

I'm glad she had so much fun in this program, and that she got such a wonderful head start on basic locomotor skills...although the playground time she logged last summer could've played a HUGE role in that too! I suppose one complemented the other, and it all worked out! I am so happy to see that she is now incorporating all of her little tumbling tricks into her dancing--you should see this girl dance in the kitchen to "I See the Light" from "Tangled!" She's got low level movement skills to boot, as well as some impressive strength and musicality--aaahhhhhh I could watch her for days! Stocky gets all excited when she dances too--he squeals and bounces until I start dancing and turning with him! If only our hallway and kitchen were bigger! :)

Here are some pictures of her big performance day, which was also her LAST day with Miss Kim, Miss Claire, and The Little Gym :( So sad, but so happy Annabelle gets to attend dance class now!


All ready to go!















What a GREAT day! Her mommy, daddy, Grandma and 2 cousins, Paige and Daisy, were there to cheer her on: "Go Annabelle! Be the best one!"

No comments: