Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dance Class!

Annabelle started DANCE CLASS! She's been so excited and has been waiting SO long to start! She has been in Tumbling class at The Little Gym, and she LOVED it, but it's no secret that she's been super-duper anxious to attend her own dance class just like her cousin Paige. She had to wait until she was 3 1/2 to begin Virginia Tanner's Creative Dance program, and it has been well worth the wait. Her teacher, Mrs. Joni, is darling with the kids, has TONS of experience, and LOVES what she does. I knew I wanted Annabelle in the Tanner Dance program, and I was so excited to hear they have a satellite studio pretty close to us! I called and asked if she could come try a class before we signed up, so we got her ready and off we went. Unfortunately I just wasn't too impressed with the instructor, so I came home and checked out some other class/teacher options. We went the following week to Mrs. Joni, and haven't looked back since --she was perfect and Annabelle came out dancing in the lobby with a big smile on her face. What a difference! I knew it was the right place for her and we LOVE going each week. It's a bit of a drive, but I actually enjoy it quite a bit. The kids nap and I get the time to listen to the radio, eat a snack, and relax--it's nice. And when I see Annabelle come out of class dancing, skipping and leaping through the dressing room and lobby with her friends, it makes me so happy. I'm excited she has begun this amazing journey and I can't wait to watch her grow and progress! Here are some pictures of her 1st day!






No comments: