Thursday, January 27, 2011

Back to Blogging

Back to blogging! Wow! Where has the time gone? My last post was December 9th! And I was behind back then! It's true...I'm almost 3 months behind--shame on me!

Have you ever looked back on your blog and thought "Hmmmm... These kids are ADORABLE, yet this needs to go a new direction; it needs something more than faces and places." Well I have. And hopefully I can figure out a way to make it more satisfying to me and my kids when they're old enough to read through it all and learn about us as a little family. I have decided to use the following quotes as my guide:

"When our children were very small, I started to write down a few things about what happened every day...The prompting came to me 'I'm not giving you these experiences for yourself. Write them down.' I recorded those things so that my children could have the memory someday when they would need it. Have I seen the hand of God reach out and touch us or our children or our family today?" --Elder Eyring--

"To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest to you that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous education effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many--now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences, and some of your musings."--President Gordon B Hinckley--


One forewarning: I AM going to try and catch up as much as I can, so it might take a few weeks before I'm posting about present day--we'll see :) Feel free to catch up with us, or join back in when we're in the here and now!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm a follower! Can't wait to read it all.