Sunday, December 13, 2009

My "Side Job"

I have the 2 BEST "Jobs" in the world! In additon to being a mom, I teach dance twice a week (4 classes on Tuesdays and 1 class on Thursdays). I LOVE my little dancers, and it has been so fun teaching them and getting to know all their unique and fun-loving personalities. They are so sweet and loving, as well as adorable and hard-working. I am always met at the studio with a big hug from two or more of my students, and it makes being there more than just a "side job." I am a better person because of the love they give, and I hope I am a good example, teacher and friend to them.
This weekend we had our Christmas production of "The Little Match Girl." I choreographed 6 pieces for the show, and had a blast doing it. My classes performed well and had so much fun. Seeing their smiling faces made me so happy! I love dance and the joyful emotions it creates for so many people, including myself :) I actually had the opportunity of doing a little "Mother/Daughter duet" with one of my 5 yr old students, Raimee. It was fun to be on stage again, and she did a wonderful job! She was oozing confidence and performed adorably! It was SO much fun--can't wait for next semester's production of "Cinderella!"
4yr old Advanced Creative
Tuesday 3-4 yr old Creative
Beginning Modern: They're crazy and so much fun
5-7 yr old Creative
Me and Raimee after performing our duet
Me and Amanda with the company girls! I teach the company Modern and she teaches Ballet

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I would love to see one of your shows!