Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stewart Falls





We decided to hike to Stewart Falls on a Thursday afternoon after Josh came home from work. It was so beautiful! The trail was more moderate and less challenging, but definitely worth hiking. It was actually the 1st hike we have done in Provo Canyon! We both decided we'd like to try more hikes in this canyon, especially since it's so close to home. The only canyon we truly don't like is Milcreek--SNAKES!! Twice! Need I say more?
I definitely prefer hiking in the early morning though. Even though the temperature in the mountains was wonderful, and the waterfall was stunning, I didn't have near the energy and stamina that I typically do first thing in the morning. Plus Annabelle got car sick and threw up on our way; that delayed us for about an hour. I'm sure all you moms out there know how it can be quite taxing and tiring to clean up a throw-up incident, rinse the clothes, wash off the child, change clothes, replenish fluids, then observe them for about 30 minutes to decide if you should bag the trip and go home, or continue on, chalking it up to a hot car and lots of turns. We decided on the latter (obviously), but I was tired!! Annabelle did well, and LOVED hiking on the way down--that girl has some serious balance and coordination for her age! All in all, it was a good learning experience for me. I learned that afternoon hikes should be few and far between, and that I shouldn't walk 4 miles in the morning on the same day I'm hiking in the afternoon--my legs were Jell-o!






3 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

you guys are just amazing! I should maybe go hiking with Jerimiah sometime, somewhere easy, I bet he would enjoy it. Annabelle looked like she was having a BLAST!

Maybe some Saturday morning our families should go together, that would be fun. Let me know!

Tashina said...

You guys are crazy! 4 miles and then a hike?! But, I must say that I envy your dedication! I wish that I had more of it in this summer heat...

Nikki said...

WOW!! That is a gorgeous hike! I have never even heard of it. That waterfall was beautiful. And you all look SO incredibly happy. I miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in September.